Yet another piece of excellent investigative journalism has exposed ‘bung-taking and ring-fixing at William Hills Newcastle Stadium by The Sunday Times.
As a result a racing manager has been suspended and both William Hills and the NGRC have begun a full investigation.Sadly, the admission by greyhound trainer, Brian Clements, of having 23 dogs in 10 months ‘put down’ will be of little concern to the government but illegal betting practices most certainly will be.
In the past fortnight we have been exposed to
- Greyhounds being slaughtered at a knackers yard in Hertfordshire
- The BGRB being unable to account for Walthamstow dogs
- Horrific injury statistics, which would amount to at least one greyhound every week being destroyed at Belle Vue
- Another 23 healthy greyhounds disposed of in the North East
- Race fixing and backhanders
To view the article and leave an online comment please click here